The Hassayampa Inn is continually researching ways to reduce our environmental impact, a mission that is supported at the highest levels. We take great comfort in knowing that every step we take helps preserve a cultural institution, city, and the environment.
We have implemented green initiatives throughout the hotel with the goal of reducing our carbon footprint. These initiatives include:
- Recycling cardboard, plastic, glass, aluminum, and paper whenever possible.
- Implementing water-saving measures, including guest towels changed only by request, linens changed every fourth day, and restaurant water served by request.
- Installation of low-flow toilets and shower heads.
- Reducing paper consumption, relying on email and message boards, as well as washable cloth napkins, towels, and tablecloths.
- Recycling computer equipment and fluorescent bulbs.
- Use of biodegradable straws and eco-friendly recycled takeout containers that are made from 100% recycled materials for food and beverage operations.
- Reducing electricity demand by using energy-saving light bulbs, flat-screen televisions, and automatic light timers.
- Energy saving digital thermostats installed throughout the property.
- Using nontoxic, soy-based printing inks, low-VOC paints, and environmentally friendly cleaning products whenever possible.
- Sourcing food locally whenever possible in our restaurants and catering operations.
- Donating room amenities to the local Salvation Army.
The Hassayampa Inn believes that sustainable operations go hand in hand with our
mission of historical preservation and community building.