Environmentally-Friendly Hotel in Prescott, AZ
The Hassayampa Inn is always looking for new ways to reduce its impact on the environment.
Our commitment begins with the simple things. We limit our water usage, use biodegradable products and take the 3-Rs (reduce, reuse and recycle) very seriously.
All these measures mean you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’re staying at an establishment dedicated to sustainability. If you have any suggestions on how the Hassayampa Inn can be even greener, please pass your thoughts along to our staff.
Measures we’ve taken to reduce our footprint on the environment include:
- Recycling cardboard, plastic, glass, aluminum, and paper whenever possible.
- Implementing water-saving measures, including guest towels changed only by request, linens changed every fourth day, and restaurant water served by request.
- Installation of low-flow toilets and shower heads.
- Reducing paper consumption, relying on email and message boards, as well as washable cloth napkins, towels, and tablecloths.
- Recycling computer equipment and fluorescent bulbs.
- Use of biodegradable straws and eco-friendly recycled takeout containers that are made from 100% recycled materials for food and beverage operations.
- Reducing electricity demand by using energy-saving light bulbs, flat-screen televisions, and automatic light timers.
- Energy saving digital thermostats installed throughout the property.
- Using nontoxic, soy-based printing inks, low-VOC paints, and environmentally friendly cleaning products whenever possible.
- Sourcing food locally whenever possible in our restaurants and catering operations.
- Donating room amenities to the local Salvation Army.
- Restaurant cooking oil is donated for recycling to bio diesel.
- Using Buckeye Green Seal products.